Linux?

Does anyone here can share / have had any experience in using iConnectMIDI2+ with Linux? Specifically,

- MIDI between iOS devices and Linux computers - does it work?
- Audio between iOS devices and Linux computers - does it work?

I intend to buy one, and I use a Linux computer for my musical nuissances.. And would love if any good soul that has one of these could share some light (or perhaps test and give us some feedback?)

Dev team? Any thoughts?

Sorry for bothering you and thanks for a possible reply.

Comments

• Oh I see this question is over a year old now! Just started playing with connecting a Linux Mint machine to iConnectAudio4. Preliminary results are it sees the device and can play/record audio. Looks like it passes MIDI into Ardour4 - but I have not even begun to understand how Ardour4 works yet (never used it before)...not sure if I'll continue down this path or not, but its entirely possible iConnectivity devices may work with Linux. You will have to use either Win, Mac, or iOS to configure the audio & midi routing - but with the Audio4 interface you can have two hosts connected at the same time! Hope this helps someone...
  • As a quick follow up, yes I was able to route iOS audio playback into a Linux machine through the ICA4. I used the PulseAudio driver loopback module to hook the input to the output and it played through the speakers on the linux machine. There was delay/latency - but I'm not using a realtime kernel at this point - so maybe that would help.
  • The 32 bit version of the iConnectivity configuration utility is running just fine under Wine. I think i had to install an additional library with the help of the winetricks utility, though.

My MIO10 works flawlessly as a class compliant USB midi device.
    I wrote a kernel patch for the MIO10 that will display the names of the ports for the USB jacks assigned with the iConnectivity software.
    I also wrote an initial version of a userspace rtpmidi (=ethernet) driver for the MIO. Except for long sysex messages that use the f0/f0-f7/f0- f7/f7 syntax everything is working.

So in summary: The MIO10 will soon be 100% working on Linux.
  • I'm beyond impressed, Drumfix!
  • I have a working rtp midi driver ready for testing. Anybody interested drop me a message.
  • @DrumFix - this is outstanding - I also applaud this with Nick. I would love to test. I will PM you my email address - very cool.
  • @Drumfix: I had a hard time yesterday getting the config utility to work under wine. Installation was straight forward but the USB-Midi port is not found. Which sound architecture is enabled in your wine config?
  • @iconnectivity developers: The dlls shows that you are using the qt library - which is also available in every linux distribution. What keeps you from compiling it for Linux? It would be so much easier for us if we had a native linux version of the config tool!
  • I don't even know how to select between alsa sequencer or alsa raw midi in Wine, but apparently my Wine configuration is using alsa raw midi devices. I also set windows version to "Windows 7" in winecfg
  • Note: If you have jack running with the midi driver set to raw or seq this will block the use of the midi ports in Wine.