New firmware releases today

We have released new firmware files for almost all of our interfaces today. Some of these were previously released as public beta and are now simply being renamed as official releases, others are slight updates of those betas. We recommend that all users update to these new versions.

• To update, MacOS or Windows users please ensure you are running iConfig 4.2.5, and then under the Device menu choose Upgrade Firmware to update automatically. 
  • Alternately you can download the files directly to your hard drive from https://www.iconnectivity.com/firmware and in iConfig 4.2.5 choose Device -> Upgrade Firmware From Local Drive
  • Linux users should be able to use any basic MIDI File Player to load the firmware (since it's packaged as a .MID). I believe that VLC or Timidity can do this. (Not tested, feedback welcome)
At the time of writing the Release Notes have not been updated yet, those should follow over the next couple of days. Please let me know if there are any other issues. 

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who contributed to the public beta over the past weeks, you guys have been really helpful!

Comments

• New release notes now up for all of the latest firmware updates.

• Hi, I have the iconnectMidi4+, which is connected to a Macpro running Sierra. Yesterday I update the iConfig prof ram and the firmware on my device. I applied some midi filters and saved the change to a preset, when I open presets they don't seem to work. The midi filter change I made stays in effect and is not changed when I load a different preset. I tried loading a number of previously created presets but they don't load.

I love the device. Please check into this and fix it when you can.
    Thank you

Keith
  • Hi Keith!

Sorry to hear about this. I have filed it as a bug and we will check it out. Thanks for reporting this issue - hopefully we will have a fix for you soon!
  • Actually there is no updated firmware in that place. The latest firmware for the iCOnnectAUDIO4+ for example in this place is iConnectAudio4_DFU_112_20170517. And the date included in the filename already says it. It's from May, 17th.
  • Don't go by the date on the file. That's when it was first rolled up by the developers, it then has to spend time in testing before it gets released. So the actual release date was last Friday. We just don't change the dates on them because then the developers get annoyed because they can't keep track of things so easily :-)
  • I see, thank you for the explanation! :)