Baffled on how to route audio

Hey, folks...

I recently bought my +4, mostly so I can use my synths on my iPad, and have been doing so with no problems - I do my multitracking on my Focusrite. Anyways, not wanting to bring my laptop to a gig to record the other night, I figured I'd give recording on my iPad a try (due to time constraints, I didn't get a chance to try it out, beforehand).

I cannot seem to figure out, for the life of me, how to route audio to the iPad. I looked at the manual, and it says on page 25, that in the mixer page, in iConfig, I can select a destination for the outputs... maybe it refers to an older version, but I didn't see that on mine.

I was recording on channels 1 and 2. I know I was getting a signal, because it showed on the input meters in iConfig, as well as on the unit, itself. Not quite sure what to do, in the audio patchbay, I tried routing Analog 1 and 2 to just about every possible output. Nothing.  Garage Band didn't recognize it. When I went to try use the AUM mixer app, when I selected the input, it gave me the 10 channels of USB1 for an option, but even as I tried routing the audio to USB 1, still nothing.  I can't believe this is so difficult. What am I doing wrong? I just want to send the analog ins to the iPad so I can record.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Here's a picture of my 'default' audio patchbay; with that setup I can record inputs 1 to 4 to my iPad and vv., etc. Notice that my PC is on USB port 1 and my iPad on USB port 2.
    Hope that helps.

NB: Attach a file doesn't work on this forum and Insert Image can only via an URL, so here's a dropboxlink to the picture:

• I have the iPad on USB1, so it can be charged and I'm not using a PC in this particular situation, so I'll see if this just works with the iPad. Thanks.
  • Maybe good to know: my iPad is also charged when connected to USB port 2.... 
  • I finally figured it out, based on your diagram, I had to get the Analog mixer as a destination. Thanks.