new Windows MIDI drivers available

edited August 7 in MIDI
We have just released our long-awaited multi-client MIDI drivers for Windows! These are recommended for:
  • mio
  • mio2
  • mio4
  • MIDI4+
They should also (partially) work on MIDI1, MIDI2+ and mio10, but those are not yet fully tested. Download from

https://www.iconnectivity.com/windows-drivers

These drivers are not recommended (and shouldn't be required) for users of our audio interfaces - they may conflict with the audio interface's driver that you already have installed.

If you own any of the devices listed above, please try the new driver and let us know how it's working for you.

Comments

• Thanks, Rodney!  This is great news...very much looking forward to more robust drivers than the class-compliant ones! 

So far, I can confirm that this isn't quite ready for prime time on the mio10 (or two of them) under Windows 10 x64 (10.0.15063 N/A Build 15063) as you stated above.  Each unit does show up as a correctly-registered and installed device in Device Manager using the iConnectivity 1.0.8.0 driver, but each unit only exposes a single midi port pair (in and out) instead of the 16 pairs expected for each device.  I have verified this in the latest versions of MIDI-OX and Bitwig Studio 2 so far, but I can bring up other DAWs/software if you need more data.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance with respect to testing the mio10 with these new drivers; I have two units and I'd be happy to provide any further data or assist with any interactive testing if that would be useful.

Thanks!
    bax

• edited August 12
    So I have an iCA4+, a mio4, and a mio10.  I shouldn't install the drivers?
  • Not yet. We're hoping to have the full version for mio10 by next week if all goes well.
  • I see a new version of the mio4 driver was uploaded three days ago. Is there a changelog available?
  • Not at the moment. Main changes are support for mio10 etc. Probably worth downloading the new one anyway, there are a couple of tiny optimisations in there.
  • baxbax
    edited September 3
    Thanks for the new drivers!  I have both of my mio10 units working together on the same Windows 10 PC and things are good!!!

I have noticed an issue regarding iConfig 4.2.6 where I am unable to connect to either of my units after installing the 1.0.9 MIDI drivers. When trying to run iConfig I now get the following error:

"An unexpected error occurred while trying to open a MIDI port. Please refresh to connect device again."

I do not have any other software active or running that would be holding any MIDI ports. Clicking Refresh doesn't do anything, it is unable to detect either unit and the Device Selection window is empty.

Any suggestions?  I'm trying to get into iConfig in order to adjust the USB MIDI port routing now that I have
    been able to attach a hub and am running some class-compliant devices
    (ReMOTE SL 37, Waldorf Blofeld). MIDI communication with these USB devices (on Ports 11-16) works fine, but I want to adjust the routing of the MIDI from the USB ports to go to specific port(s) rather than all ports (which it is currently set to).

Thanks!
    bax
  • Like bax above, I cannot edit my routing in the iConfig software as the opening screen doesnt show any devices. Refresh does nothing and reboot obviously didn't help either. I only recently purchased MIO4 and had the software working once but haven't been able to make it work since. Any suggestions whats going on?
  • I have managed to get my MIO4 to work with iConfig but it required a workaround (and perhaps luck?):

I managed to have the MIO4 detected in the Device Selection screen by rebooting my pc and pressing 'F8' early on before windows boots up, then scrolling down to "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement”. This is a temporary disable so it shouldn't affect any users, but it did allow the drivers to load and detect my iConfig. I have made all my changes and made sure to 'save current settings' (under Device heading) as saving the preset wasn't enough the first time! should have combed through the manual better!

I hope that helps someone else!
  • That's very weird. We will investigate!
  • Thanks Rodney. I can confirm that after a few weeks fiddling with the MIO4 I can never access the iConfig software as it never detects a device, but can always access it when I've Disable Driver Signature Enforcement. I'm on Windows 7 btw.