Using mutiple iMIO to IconnectMIDI4+ UDB Hub

Hello
I am a happy owner of a iConnectMIDI4+ and a MIO10 and I recently moved my setup to Mainstage
I am using Windcontrolers (x2) and Keyboards (x2) the wind controlers are not class Compliant therefore I have difficulties to identify them
1 - Keyboard is connected on MIDI port 1 (input) of the ICM4+
2 - Windcontroler connected on MIDI port 2 (input) of the ICM4+

I dod not find the possibility in iConfig to differenciate input and Outpout for each port
e.g. Windcontroler is connected on MIDI port 2 (input) of the ICM4+ while MIDI port 2 (output) is connected to MIDI in of my sound module (GSI Gemini) used with the Keyboard

In mainstage I cannot identify easily the input

1st Question  is there a way to rename the input and the output using the same port ?
2nd Question if I use iMIO (class compliant) interface connected to the USB Host (through a HUB) is it possible to identify the inteface easily and rename it as Windcontroler 1 ?

thanks for your help

Comments

• 1st Question  is there a way to rename the input and the output using the same port ?

Unfortunately they can't have different names for input and output. I know, it's annoying.

2nd Question if I use iMIO (class compliant) interface connected to the USB Host (through a HUB) is it possible to identify the inteface easily and rename it as Windcontroler 1 ?

Possibly. I know our MIDI interfaces will work like this, and most others should work.

• "Unfortunately they can't have different names for input and output. I know, it's annoying."

Do you intent to have this problem resolved in future firmware released
    When using Multiple midi controlers (wind controlers, (AKAI EWI, AODYO SYLPHYO, ARITURIA Beatstep, Keyboards, Berhinger FCB1010..on inputs
    and only Sound modules on the Output
    GSI GEMEINI
    ROLAND Integra-7, Fantom XR, V-Synth XT
    Oberheim Matrix 6R & Matrix 1000
    Yamaha EX5R (2x), Motif Rack XS, FS1R
    Kurzweil PC2R
    Korg, Wavestation SR, TR-Rack
    and some more it becomes a nightmare to sort the routing without input & output clearly labelled

Regards
    Fred

• I have recently purchased the Audiofront MIDI Expression IO as a new controller
    This Interface is class compliant when I connect to the Macbook Pro it is recognized but I cannot see the interface if I plug it into the USb Host using a USB Hub ?
    Any idea why ?

regards
    Fred