Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Converting MIDI Messages using Remapping

edited May 2015 in Audio
Hi All. I am considering buying the iConnectAUDIO4+ but I was trying to check on a midi mapping feature. I checked the manual but it was not clear on this point. I need to be able to map channel pressure to CC#7. The manual mentioned the 127 CC#s but channel pressure is not a CC. I could not tell if it was an option in the dropdown.

If anyone knows the answer I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Comments

• So you are looking to convert channel pressure to CC7 (volume), correct?

Does this device also send polyphonic aftertouch CC messages along side aftertouch pressure (as some MIDI devices will implement something like this).

Appreciate the extra details,
    -JS
  • In this case it is monophonic aftertouch only. Only channel pressure.

thanks
  • As far as I can see, there is no feature to convert the two different category messages, but I'm checking with the team to be sure.

I'll let you know what I hear.
  • edited May 2015
    I can confirm there is no way to convert the two different category messages.
    We have filed a note for a possible update in the future, so we appreciate the feedback.

Although, you can take a continuous controller value and remap it to another continuous controller value via iConfig.

Let me know if you have any other concerns,
    -JS