Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multiple devices to audio output

I am building a portable rig that sometimes uses a computer for audio routing and other times uses an iPad alone. Is there a way I can route the iCA4+ audio so that the speakers play audio from both devices (or from either one that is hooked up) or do I need a separate routing config for each of the two setups?

If it is the second option, how can I switch routing configs without the computer present?

Comments

• Yes - Using iConfig, you can set up an audio mix for the direct monitoring of both sources if you wish.

Once we release the new iOS version that adds iConnectAUDIO4+ support, you will be able to use your iPad to control internal routing of your hardware. At the moment, you will need to use the OSX or Windows version. Although, once you save the settings to the hardware's flash, it will be recalled the next time the hardware powers up.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
    -JS
  • edited May 2015
    Thanks JS. That is good news, but I am not sure how to do this. I have tried to do so through the audio patch bay, but I am unable to route two devices to the same output. Specifically, I am trying to route the output of both to Destination Analog 1 and 2.
  • edited May 2015
    Can you send me a screen shot of your (iConfig > Audio Patchbay) menu?
    You can use jsandeen(at)iConnectivity.com (sorry, the file upload feature is not working at the moment).

So you know, you can name the USB Device Jacks in the (iConfig > Audio Info) menu. This will also make it easier for me to see what's connected to what.

This is also a good read:
    http://www.iconnectivity.com/WP-UnderstandingAudioPatchbay

Thanks,
    -JS
  • Thanks JS. I don't have access to the system right now, but I will send you a sketch of the configuration.

Here is a link to the sketch for anyone else interested:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qkrgnj370mut510/Guitar Rig 2015.jpeg?dl=0

Great to know about renaming device jacks. I was looking for that feature.
  • No worries, post a screen shot when you get a minute. That menu will tell me how your hardware's internal routing and direct monitoring is configured. Dropbox works if you don't want to email the picture.

Thanks,
    -JS
  • edited May 2015
    Thanks for the email. Were you able to check out the article above. It covers the features of the audio patchbay.

You will want to route your USB sources to the analog mixer destinations as needed. If you have your speakers connect to analog 1/2, this would be where you want to send both your USB sources, which is the audio from the computer and iPad.

Let me know if you have any questions after checking out the article,
    -JS
  • Thanks. The article was very helpful. I am still a bit fuzzy on some of the finer points of the mixer but I was able to accomplish my routing task for the moment.
  • Good to hear things are working out now.