Feature request:Midi Clock_Realtime Events

Hi there! Congrats for the marvellous iconnect midi4+.
Has helped me to tidy up my midi world and also helped to include iPad as a sound instrument in my setup.
I was wondering if it would be possible to separate midi clock from realtime events when sending out or when filtering stuff from ports.
The reason I want to this is because I need my drum machines synchronised in tempo in order to preserve their time based FX and st the same time sequence them from an external machine. So I need them to be stopped and not receive the realtime start message.
Thanks in advance
Kyros

Comments

• +1 I'd like the same thing
  • Interesting point. Will pass it on.
  • If you use iConfig you can do it under the MIDI filters section. There is a dropdown on top for input or output and then you click on the correct port in the list on left side then on right side you can filter out the realtime events.
  • tsho08 said:
    If you use iConfig you can do it under the MIDI filters section. There is a dropdown on top for input or output and then you click on the correct port in the list on left side then on right side you can filter out the realtime events.
    Long time since I made this point! 
    tsho08,  no you can't do it because you are filtering also the midi clock. Midi start stop messages have to be separated in the midi filter.
    I hope someone from iconnect is reading. Should be a simple fix since you are upgrading your auracle software. Please do it!! 
  • We are currently looking at how to best implement MIDI filters on Auracle (it's pretty much the next thing on the roadmap after we finish the current RTP-MIDI stuff). Since the MIDI Clock pulse is the same type of real-time message as Start, Stop, and Continue, it's not easy to filter one without the other, but let's see what we can do