2nd Ipad issue

Looking for some help.  I have My Macbook pro ( No DAW installed at this time can't afford right now.)  and Ipad air  ( Auria pro DAW installed) connected to my ica4+.  I connected a 2nd ipad (mini)  via a powered HUB to my ica4+ to play instruments and record them in my ipad air.  MY ICA4+ nor my ipad air recognize my ipad mini.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance anyone.

Comments

• I have My Macbook pro ( No DAW installed at this time can't afford right now.)

Try this, it's amazingly good and completely free:

I connected a 2nd ipad (mini)  via a powered HUB

This won't work. You can only attach computing devices directly to the 2 USB computer ports on the icA4+, not via a hub.
  • I'm sorry I meant 2nd ipad into powered hub into Host port.
  • You can't plug an iPad into the USB-MIDI Host port, nothing will happen. That port is just for hardware MIDI modules. ONLY the two computer ports can talk to an iPad.

• I use both an IpadPro and a Air2 with my setup. I used the second iPad to control MIDI devices. Initially, I cabled the MIDI, but have gone wireless using Bluetooth MIDI now. The ICA4+ is still the only game in town when it comes to using two IOS devices with continuous charging. Apparently, the default primary device input is USB1, with the higher amp charging. The secondary device inout is lower amp charging and has the PC icon. It’s confusing because iConfig (for OSX) will ask you to use the higher charging input with the tablet icon, not PC, even though the firmware update functionality only exists in the PC/OSX version. 
  • kanegon said:
    I use both an IpadPro and a Air2 with my setup. I used the second iPad to control MIDI devices. Initially, I cabled the MIDI, but have gone wireless using Bluetooth MIDI now. The ICA4+ is still the only game in town when it comes to using two IOS devices with continuous charging. Apparently, the default primary device input is USB1, with the higher amp charging. The secondary device inout is lower amp charging and has the PC icon. It’s confusing because iConfig (for OSX) will ask you to use the higher charging input with the tablet icon, not PC, even though the firmware update functionality only exists in the PC/OSX version. 

Actually you can use both inputs, but only one charge iOS (USB1). For me, iConfig only ask to put the computer on USB1 when I want to upgrade firmware. And after that, I put the MacBook on USB2 and the iPad on USB1.