Skype callers?

hwy everyone-
i got the audio4+ and here is my setup:

2 mics (and potentially one more) going into 4+ to my iPad Pro, headphones out to well, headphones. 

The software I am using currently is GarageBand. 

I am setting up for a podcast, no video recording at this point. 

However, I wanted to know how to record a Skype (or similar) AP into garage band, and have the guest be able to hear me, and the music etc that is played during the show. 

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• It takes a bit of tweaking in iConfig, but this is certainly possible. Here's the setup I use for live webcasting plus recording.

This patch enables live streaming a mix of all 4 analog inputs and the USB 1 computer's internal stereo sound playback as well as monitoring the mix through all analog outs. 

It also allows the streaming and monitoring of a stereo track from a second computing device plugged into USB 2. This second device could be an iOS device being used to trigger PON sounds for example.

Also adds the ability to record the stream on to 6 multitrack channels at the same time, in order to allow the user to remix it later. Note that on the iCA4+ the sound from USB 2 can be streamed live but cannot be recorded. 

• It takes a bit of tweaking in iConfig, but this is certainly possible. Here's the setup I use for live webcasting plus recording.

This patch enables live streaming a mix of all 4 analog inputs and the USB 1 computer's internal stereo sound playback as well as monitoring the mix through all analog outs. 

It also allows the streaming and monitoring of a stereo track from a second computing device plugged into USB 2. This second device could be an iOS device being used to trigger PON sounds for example.

Also adds the ability to record the stream on to 6 multitrack channels at the same time, in order to allow the user to remix it later. Note that on the iCA4+ the sound from USB 2 can be streamed live but cannot be recorded. 

thank you Rodney- 

but i dont teally understand-

how can i do a mix minus? and do i h e to use a seperste ipad for the skype call, or can i use the one that i am recording on? 
  • This allows you to run everything on one computer attached to USB1. In your case that would be your iPad. Or if you need to use USB2 for your iPad, just flip all of the connections listed as USB1 to USB2 instead. 

As regards doing a mix-minus, that's a little trickier. Let me experiment a bit over the next days with that, after we get Auracle 1.3 out the door.