iOS 12 connectivity issues

Hello all. I've read through some of the announcements and searched in the knowledge base, but am unable to find a solution to a problem I just started encountering using my iConnectAUDIO 4+. I am using the interface to transfer cassette multitrack recordings to an ipad (recently updated to iOS 12.0.1) or my macbook air.

I have the current firmware installed and I can see my module connected in the iConfig software on the ipad, but when I try to view any of the functions (i.e.: device info, audio info, patchbays, etc.) I get a "communication lost" message. After each time, I check the connection via the lightning cable and try again, with the same results. I'm able to hear sound coming into the device and can even record into cubasis, but I am unable to view or modify any of the parameters in the patchbay, etc.

Trying the Auracle software on the macbook air I am able to hear and adjust everything, so I know that the issue is not with the interface. The announcement page said that the iConnect software/interfaces were working with no issues using iOS 12, so is anyone else experiencing the same problems or could there be something deeper going on?

Thank you!

Comments

• In our testing we found that some systems that were previously having issues with iOS 10 and 11 were now working perfectly with iOS 12. Other users have reported the same. However we can't guarantee that you will get the same result. Apple's iPads are so weird and they keep changing the subsystems with no warning so it's really difficult for us to keep up.
  • Thanks Rodney. I'm sure it's just as frustrating for you guys trying to guess what changes they're going to make or have made. Thankfully, the interface is working in all other ways with both the ipad and the computer, but considering it worked fine before the updates, i'm hopeful that it will work again with future updates on either side. I'll keep you posted if the iConfig software should start working again.
  • djimbee5 said:
    Thanks Rodney. I'm sure it's just as frustrating for you guys trying to guess what changes they're going to make or have made. Thankfully, the interface is working in all other ways with both the ipad and the computer, but considering it worked fine before the updates, i'm hopeful that it will work again with future updates on either side. I'll keep you posted if the iConfig software should start working again.
    Hi,
    Try clearing ram before you launch iconfigaudio on iPad. Worked for me. So far:-) 
  • Not a solution but i found it helps on ios 12 to deactivate the ipad auto-lock. keeps ipad connected much better in my small experience.