Auracle 1.3.2 not starting on any of my systems?

edited November 7 in Software
Hi all,

Let me introduce myself, I'm Antoine from the Netherlands. And I just bought a midi4+ device. Unfortunatly... I can not get the software to start, let alone, play with it.

I downloaded Auracle 1.3.2 on my Win10 x64 system, but software doesn't start... I tried it on a test system, also Win10 x64, doesn't start. I tried iConfig, MSVCP100 not found. Finally managed to get iConfig running, but it does'n seem to do a lot. Anyway, I think I need to use Auracle, but it doesn't work AT ALL.

Some help is appreciated. My goal is to connect a MidiCon2 with USB to rtpMidi as a start. I can connect to the device with rtpMidi, but latency = ??? and it doesn't do anything further more. Probably, needs some config.

There is no logfile btw in %LocalAppData%\iConnectivity\Auracle... probably doesn't come that far.

Thanks and have a nice weekend,
Antoine

Comments

• edited October 27
    Hi,
    I've just bought a MIO10 and I have the same issue. Auracle 1.3.2 doesn't launch. I've installed Iconfig and I've had to upgrade the 2.0.4 firmware. Everything is good but often, iconfig can't reach the mio10 and after some time I have to re-install this firmware. It's the reason why I would like to use Auracle and solve the problem.
    My OS is windows 10 (last version). Bios 1805. Asus Deluxe II X99.
    Best regards
    Yannick
  • Really sorry to hear that. We thought we had fixed that issue in Auracle 1.32, but apparently some people are still seeing it. The annoying thing is that it is now working on every Win 10 box that we test it on here (and we have tested many machines) so it's very hard for us to figure out what's not working for other people :-(

We will examine it again on Monday and try to get a fully fixed version out asap. 
  • edited October 28
    Maybe it'll help you to install a fresh Win10 x64. My test pc is a freshly installed device.

Furthermore, why the rtpmidi session isn't working as it should? I get connection but nothing more. Maybe my device is broken?

Thx and keep us informed. Antoine

Btw, i use Win10 1803
  • Okay, managed to get the device running with iConfig for iPad. Also managed to get the device working with rtpMidi. Problem seems to be in rtpMidi by Tobias Erichsen. Tried older version as suggested and works like a charm. Anybody has an idea why the device isn't working on the currect version of rtpMidi?
  • I'm running the latest rtpMIDI on my Windows 10 box and it works like a charm. But nevertheless this is useful info. We will have a look at that, and hopefully have a chat with Tobias as well.
  • Can you let me know which exactly version of rtpMIDI you were having problems with, and which version is working for you?
  • edited October 29
    Hi Rodney, I first downloaded the last version on Tobias' site, 1.1.8_240. Which works, but not with the midi4+, I've found an older version 1.0.11_227, works like a charm. Problem is that, because of the old rtpMidi, I can't use Tobias' virtualMidi tool, it requires his latest rtpMidi.

The result with 1.1.8_240 is, it looks as if it makes connection, but when connected latency stays on "???" with 1.0.11_227 it is 0 ms. And my connected Midicon2 on HST1 works as a bliss.

Feel free to ask if I can help you, no problem. I think it is a neat little box, only software issues here and there. But for me it does what it should now that I can change it's values with the iPad.
  • The most recent version is 1.1.9, available here:

https://www.iconnectivity.com/windows-drivers

Please try that and let me know what happens.
  • Will do that asap en let you know.
  • Yep, that did the trick, thank you Rodney! Why isn't this version on Tobias' site...
  • No idea. I'm very surprised that it isn't.
  • Had the same issue, I confirm that we need the rtpMidi from the iConnection site, not the one that I too initially downloaded from the  developer's site
  • But, with the iconnectivity driver it works really well 😀 
  • That's great to hear! I have contacted Tobias and asked him to update his site so other people don't end up with the same issue. Thanks for reporting it.
  • Jumping in late here--I also have not been able to get Auracle to start on my Windows 10 machine.  iConfig installs and works fine, but Auracle doesn't respond when I double-click the icon.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times.  I am running the latest version from the iConnectivity website.
  • That problem indeed still exists. 
  • Same problem here. Just got the IDA2+ and Auracle won't run on either PC I'm connected to. Running  Windows 10 on each.
  • Did you try to run it with elevated privileges?

• I've right-clicked on the icon and selected Run as Administrator, if that's what you mean.  Same result.
  • First make sure you are running Auracle 1.32 (or higher if you are reading this from the future) which solves most Windows problems. For those who are still having problems, please send us your Auracle log file and if possible a list of other installed software. We need this because every test machine that we have currently works fine with Auracle so we have no way of figuring out where this annoying bug is coming from unless we can peek into a system that is problematic.

Currently log files that users have sent us seem to indicate that there may be a conflict with a rogue MS Visual Studio DLL file that some people have installed on their system - we are tracking that down now and hope to have a solution very soon.
  • Auracle already quits before it writes a logfile in my case. Btw, iconfig also reports a problem on my testsystem, but with vscpp100.dll.
  •  unless we can peek into a system that is problematic.
    I'm willing to give you access to one of my problem machines. Feel free to contact me.
  • That's annoying. Re the iConfig error, if that DLL is missing (which can sometimes happen in Windows) try this procedure:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/msvcp100dll-missing/ad9b06e4-af0b-4637-bbb3-8dd799603bb5
  • edited November 5
    BTW this is the error I'm getting in Event Viewer when I try to open Auracle:

Faulting application name: Auracle.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5bcddde3
    Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.17134.319, time stamp: 0x40b70dec
    Exception code: 0xc0000409

And here is the error on my second PC:
    Faulting application name: Auracle.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5bcddde3
    Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x309241e0
    Fault offset: 0x000000000006f08e
    Faulting process id: 0x4940
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4751aa69318be
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Auracle\Auracle.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
    Report Id: 9c305dd4-6a17-4f4d-9f07-fd09114797a2
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Software in common with both PCs that I can think of:
    Discord
    Voicemeeter Potato
    Firefox
    GigPerformer
    Intel Rapid Storage
    Splashtop
  • If you want I can give you a teamviewer option on my testsystem, this can only happen after 18:00 CET.
  • Tried to install it on a 3rd system, still no go. My log on my 3rd machine is:

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x309241e0
    Fault offset: 0x000000000006f08e
    Faulting process id: 0x3854
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4751c72514397
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Auracle\Auracle.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
    Report Id: f01cce28-c4cb-4889-bea1-35f37cf212e3
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

• That's really useful guys. As we were starting to suspect, it certainly seems like an issue with ucrtbase.dll, which is a Microsoft Visual Basic library. It's not just us who have problems with this DLL, it has issues with everything from Adobe to World of Warships.

We will continue to investigate based on this input. Thanks!
  • And thanks for the Teamviewer option Antoine, we may take you up on that after we have investigated a bit more.
  • And thanks for the Teamviewer option Antoine, we may take you up on that after we have investigated a bit more.
    I can give Teamviewer access too. I have remote access to that PC so I can just give access whenever you guys need it.
  • That's really useful guys. As we were starting to suspect, it certainly seems like an issue with ucrtbase.dll, which is a Microsoft Visual Basic library. It's not just us who have problems with this DLL, it has issues with everything from Adobe to World of Warships.

We will continue to investigate based on this input. Thanks!
    I'ts actually Universal C Runtime, not Visual Basic. And yes this is a known Microsoft issue that appeared in the july 2018 update for Windows10 and hasn't been adressed yet as it seems.