Auracle 1.3.2 not starting on any of my systems?

2»

Comments

• I really start to understand these Apple users more and more...

That said, I was "playing" yesterday with a few synths, it is actually quite wonderfull that I can connect my good old fashioned midi stuff to one computer and connect something completely different (midi console) to another system by rtpMidi. The little box is flashing it LEDs out, but it does really work <3
  • Yeah, I think normally it's programs created with the Visual Basic IDE that creates/needs this DLL (apparently). But you are right that it's a giant pain in the ass :-)

If you have any more info on the problem please post links. We are still trying to figure out some way to work around it.
  • edited November 6
    Hi,
    As someone suggests it on the facebook group, I've just installed Auracle 1.2.2, then restart the computer. After that, I've installed Auracle 1.3.2.
    Now Auracle 1.3.2 does launch and works perfectly on my windows 10 system.
    Yannick
  • That's really interesting... We will investigate that.
  • Tried it, but doesn't work for me, same error in eventviewer as before.
  • I'm a new user and had before the mio10 no iconnectivity product (hardware or software).
    It would be interesting to know if only new users have the issue.
  • That said, I was "playing" yesterday with a few synths, it is actually quite wonderfull that I can connect my good old fashioned midi stuff to one computer and connect something completely different (midi console) to another system by rtpMidi. The little box is flashing it LEDs out, but it does really work 3

It really is amazing when you get it working isn't it? After using RTP-MIDI in my own studio for a while now I don't know how I ever lived without it. USB & DIN seem really limited in comparison.
  • Also new user, I uninstalled 1.3.2 first, maybe it "polluted" my system?
  • edited November 6
    Tried it, but doesn't work for me, same error in eventviewer as before.

Sigh. Back to the start again. Sometimes I hate MS so much...
  • In my case, I uninstalled nothing. I had 1.3.2 which doesn't launch.
    install1.2.2.
    Launch ->doesn't start
    restart the computer
    launch Auracle 1.2.2 -> it works (the second time I double click on the icone)
    Install 1.3.2
    Launch 1.3.2 -> ok
  • Yannick, you are a computer detective :o

• edited November 6
    It is strange though, I installed 1.2.2, first start gives error, second start works (starts really slow, but works). Then installed 1.3.2, first start gives error, second start works, and suddenly there are two Auracle screens open... All without restarting my system (at work now, and it looks strange if all 3 screens go black :* ;)). All errors btw in eventviewer, there are no "user error popups".
  • edited November 6
    Ok so based on the above. I left 1.3.2 installed. Installed 1.2.2. Then installed 1.3.2 again without running 1.2.2. That didn't work.

Then I installed 1.2.2 again. Ran it. It worked. Closed it. Then installed 1.3.2 and ran it and it worked too. No reboots.
  • BTW just to note. Upon trying out Auracle I immediately went back to iConfig because I need all my crazy patching and mixes. Please consider adding advanced functionality into Auracle.

It's very beautiful and loads really fast but I can't use it until I can do more advanced things with it unless I'm missing some sort of advanced config section.
  • We think it's because this DLL was part of the installer in version 1.22, but not in 1.3 versions. So installing 1.22 loads the DLL in the right place and allows 1.32 to work. 

The weird thing is that if we create an entirely clean install of Windows here and just put 1.32 on it, everything works fine, which implies the DLL is there on a clean install. So we suspect that it was the last Windows update that wiped this DLL on some people's machines somehow, leading to the confusion. Given the number of other apps having the same problem I think it caught a lot of people out.

Either way, you just need to get this DLL loaded one way or the other. We aim to issue a full fix later this week once we have tested it.
  • Just for more info It wouldn't be build 1809 (latest) that removed the dll since my other PC that didn't work is build 1803.
  • So installing 1.22 loads the DLL in the right place and allows 1.32 to work. 

Based on what I did I think it's possible that running 1.22 is the key not just installing.
  • edited November 6
    That's true, I first installed 1.22 reboot then installed 1.32 was a no go. But running 1.22 was the solution, though it only started the 2nd time.

And what ToxMox states, I also tested on 1803 and 1809 installs.
  • Rodney, can you fix my horrible typo in the title? o:)
  • That's true, I first installed 1.22 reboot then installed 1.32 was a no go. But running 1.22 was the solution, though it only started the 2nd time.

This worked for me as well.  Thanks!

• Good news gentlemen, thanks to your feedback we think we have now isolated the problem and are preparing a fix. If all goes well we should have a beta release for you guys to try sometime later today.
  • edited November 8
    Windows version 1.3.3 Public Beta is now available. I guess since most of you already have it working now using that workaround found earlier this won't be so important, but it also has some fixes for High DPI scaling issues that a couple of people had. Anyhow, give it a shot and let me know how it works for you.

https://downloads.iconnectivity.com/software/AuracleWin_1_3_3.zip
  • Will check it out rodney, haven't yet tested it on my actual studio setup.
  • edited November 8
    It's working :)

But not very stable, program is really slow, and suddenly quits, but at least it is starting correctly.
  • Hmmm... that's odd. We aren't finding that on our test machines so far. Mine is zipping along, and here's what my machine reports right now...