Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can My iConnectivityMIDI4+ Support All My MIDI Gadgets?

Almost seems like a rhetorical question, which I know is a resounding "YES" so I'll just assume for now that I'm missing something in the mix. OK, so here's my rig:
iMac running macOS Mojave (10.14.1)
Yamaha Motif-Rack XS running their Editor software which requires a USB connection
Alesis Keylab 88 connected via USB
TC Helicon VoiceLive2 connected via MIDI or USB
iConnectMIDI4+ with routing setup as follows:
iPad4 is connected to the front port via proprietary lightning to USB-A port cable
Standard USB-A to USB-B cable in the back port is connected to the iMac
5-pin DIN cables running from KL88 Out to iCM4+ Port 4 In, VL2 In to iCM4+ Port 3 Out, and XS MIDI In to iCM4+ Port 2 Out
On iPad, I am using the BandHelper app on iPad to send MIDI messages to various ports (all iCM4+ ports are recognized by BH)
I think that covers it...

BH communicates perfectly with with Motif Rack XS Editor via USB, but Program Changes are not being recognized.
If I switch the Motif to MIDI mode, program change events are recognized.
BH Program Change messages are only recognized by the VL2 if the USB port is disabled and the 5-pin DIN In port is used.
The Alesis KL88 communicates perfectly with the Motif Rack XS for note and CC data.

I realize that this is a fairly elaborate rig, especially with the BandHelper software being the ring leader. In fact, getting BH to successully send program changes to both the Motif and the VoiceLive2 is the only critical element at this moment.

Note that I am also seeking assistance from BandHelper (Arlo Media) and Yamaha, and will probably reach out to TC Helicon as well for the VoiceLive2 setup.

Thanks!