Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ICA2+ and PA12 questions

Hi, 

I plan to buy ICA2+ for home production and stage. I don't need more than 2 inputs, and I like the convenience of USB powered interface.

But I also need phantom protected outputs. Is ICA2+ featured with those protections like ICA4+ RevB? If not, is an ICA2+ RevB planned?

Additional question about PA12: I really need at least 2 audio inputs on stage, and like the idea of safe use of two computers. But I don't want extra latency and to keep my Windows 10 laptops. Is there a PA12+ (with audio inputs) sheduled for 2019?

Thanks

Jean

Comments

• Is ICA2+ featured with those protections like ICA4+ RevB?

No.

If not, is an ICA2+ RevB planned?
    Is there a PA12+ (with audio inputs) sheduled for 2019?

We never comment on future plans.

• Will you be at Namm 2019 with a new product?
  • Like I said, we never comment on future products. But we will be at NAMM.
  • edited January 4
    Happy new year!!

Ok it's absolutely normal you can't comment, my question was stupid.

So it's for professionnal use, and I need on stage an audio interface to use Ableton on my laptop, with inputs for my saxophone effects/looping.

PA12 is really interesting for the backup thing, and I've read that Apple aggregate devices PA12/ICA2/4+ should add an extra latency, which in my case is not possible as I use some software monitored realtime pitch shift effect on audio inputs and need lowest latency possible. And I don't want for the moment to put lot of money in double macbook Pro setup, so I'll keep my Lenovo T440P which is really reliable, but don't allow for aggregate devices except with Asio4ALL.

So I'll go with an ICA2+ bus powered for mobility with a multiDI for on stage phantom protection.

You have at least one potential customer reaaaaaaly interested in a PA12+ with audio XLR/HiZ/line combo inputs  :)

BTW: another question, any issues using an iPhone (7 Plus/iOS12) with ICA2+ as secondary device, Lenovo laptop being primary? And if using 7 Plus as only device, should I be able to use ICA2+ rom stored settings? Is an iPhone Auracle version possible?
  • You have at least one potential customer reaaaaaaly interested in a PA12+ with audio XLR/HiZ/line combo inputs   

Good to know, we will bear that in mind :smile:

BTW: another question, any issues using an iPhone (7 Plus/iOS12) with ICA2+ as secondary device, Lenovo laptop being primary? And if using 7 Plus as only device, should I be able to use ICA2+ rom stored settings?

That should work fine.