Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help before buying several MIO10

i'm currently using a complex copperlan setup of 3 Al88c wich works great ... as the system isn't supported anymore and will sooner or later stop working i'm checking my alternatives
so i stumbled over the iConnectivity Mio10 with the possibility of rtp-midi 
as i have already a small Midi2+ for my iPad i was able to hav e a basic look at the software iConfig - overall it seems a bit more complicated than copperlan

some question couldn't be answered by reading manual and watching videos

1. how many mio10 i can connect to my system ?
2. how is the interconnection between midi-din-ports of different MIO10s done (connect Din1 In from Mio10#1 to Din 10 of MIO10#3) 
3. can the In and Output ports be named differently ... in my current setup often at the Input #X is a different device connect than  on Output #X 
4. how does the latency compensation work - how do i use it?
5. are there any plans for a more easy to oversee connection software? (copperlan soft is a lot nicer to oversee - also Apples Midi-Studio looks great but can't do the port routing)

thanks for any answers 

Comments

•  how many mio10 i can connect to my system ?

As many as you can afford :-)

2. how is the interconnection between midi-din-ports of different MIO10s done (connect Din1 In from Mio10#1 to Din 10 of MIO10#3) 

Depends if you are using Ethernet or USB. But it's not usually difficult to set up

3. can the In and Output ports be named differently ... in my current setup often at the Input #X is a different device connect than  on Output #X 

Not currently

4. how does the latency compensation work - how do i use it?

If you are using RTP-MIDI, then latency compensation is automatically built in to the system.

5. are there any plans for a more easy to oversee connection software? (copperlan soft is a lot nicer to oversee - also Apples Midi-Studio looks great but can't do the port routing)

We are already working on that, it's built into our Auracle software.

• 2. how is the interconnection between midi-din-ports of different MIO10s done (connect Din1 In from Mio10#1 to Din 10 of MIO10#3) 

Depends if you are using Ethernet or USB. But it's not usually difficult to set up

thanks for your answers

i'm aiming to use Ethernet 

can the whole setup of - say 3 - devices be saved and loaded - in order to work/test different configs 

• If you are aiming for a large Ethernet based setup, you may want to consider buying multiple mio4s instead of multiple mio10s; the reason being that you get 4 RTP-MIDI ports PER INTERFACE, so if having lots of unique ports is important to you, you'll get more for your money by getting mio4s.

You can save specific configurations using iConfig if you want to test lots of different ones. Warning: if you are using RTP-MIDI that gets a bit complicated with the current Apple implementation, so prepare for a day or two of head-scratching :-)