Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlayAUDIO 12 and audio from Ipad

Is there a way to stream audio from an iPad to the outputs of the PlayAUDIO 12. Preferably without having a computer connected or at least without going through a DAW - a 'set-and-forget' solution would be optimal.
Could I, for example, use a Midi2+ or Midi4+ or an Audio4+ to obtain this - and how?

Comments

• You could use an Apple USB camera connection kit.
  • edited January 10
    I was just referring to the functionality spreadsheet on your page (attached). It does not mention the possibility of connecting iPad via Apple CCK. So just to be clear: I connect the iPad via Apple CCK to a standard USB A/B cable and stick it into the USB B input on the front of PlayAUDIO 12? Is this what you mean?
    Also, If I wanted to use 2 computers in redundant mode, is there then a way to get audio from the Ipad through the outputs of PlayAUDIO12 at the same time by connecting some other interface? Which interfaces would be able to do this?
    Thank you.
  • So just to be clear: I connect the iPad via Apple CCK to a standard USB A/B cable and stick it into the USB B input on the front of PlayAUDIO 12? Is this what you mean?

Yes, that should work, although it isn't officially supported.

Also, If I wanted to use 2 computers in redundant mode, is there then a way to get audio from the Ipad through the outputs of PlayAUDIO12 at the same time by connecting some other interface?

If you mean 2 computers plus an iPad as well, no, that can't be done.