Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iConnect Audio4 - can you actually use outputs 3 and 4?

Hi Rodney... 

How can I use physical outputs 3 and 4 on the iConnect Audio4? Currently - they just seem "dead" so I assume I am missing something.

I understand that setting outputs to 3/4 makes the signal go to an iPad, but how in the heck can i use the actual, physical outputs for anything?

To add - wouldn't it make sense to have outputs 5/6 or 7/8 (because they don't exist) router to an iPad? If you made them 5/6, Pro tools uses could use ProTools simple "insert" feature.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• If you want to have separate mono outputs on the physical outs 3&4 you have to use iConfig to configure it that way. Currently Auracle only supports a single stereo output channel mapped across physical outputs 1&2, 3&4, and 5&6.
  • Thanks Rodney,

Got it - you wrote "Currently" - When will Auracle be updated to allow this?

• We never comment on future plans or schedules, sorry. However having more flexibility in using those outputs is certainly something we want to do.
  • Ok - just was hoping you all would get this unit up and running. My guess is you all are leaving it be... it's been some years now.

I asked because I am considering going back to using two interfaces.. ironically, for me, using two devices is much more intuitive, flexible and powerful – and simplifies routing and using an iOS device with my mac. (Protools and Logic)