Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MIDI instruments > iConnectivity mio4 > Audio Interface > DAW?

edited April 2 in MIDI
I have several MIDI instruments (synths and drums) that I would like to be able to be connected full time.  I have a Zoom TAC-8 Thunderbolt audio interface connected to my Mac that is running Studio One 4 and it's a pain to only be able to use one instrument at a time.

Can the iConnectivity mio4 be connected to the TAC-8 via the MIDI In/Out then have all of the MIDI instruments record to Studio One?

It looks like this is the solution for me if it works... I would like to know before I lay down the dough. B)

Thanks in advance!

FF

Comments

• edited April 2
    I just wanted to add that I'm new to the home recording scene... so if anyone can offer any help for what I'm trying to achieve I would appreciate it.
  • Can the iConnectivity mio4 be connected to the TAC-8 via the MIDI In/Out

No, but you don't need to. Just connect the mio4 directly to your computer either via USB or Ethernet. 

However MIDI won't record the sounds of your instruments. If you want to record the audio coming out of them then you still have to plug their audio outputs into your audio interface.