Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hardware is A+ / Software not so much

edited April 2 in Software
It is an understatement to say that iConnectivity is one of the most flexible audio interfaces so far. And that is the reason I bought one (iConnectAudio 4+). Many people complained about the software being slow and clunky, and to a point they were right. However when we asked for better software to control the interfaces, we didn't mean to lose a great deal of functionality along with it.

Auracle is very-very limited (and still clunky) and to be honest the most powerful feature of this interface lies in its routing options - which have now been buried along with iConfig being end-of-life'd. iConfig development stopped, it remained clunky, and we are stuck in between two options - one with a non-supported version of a software which unlocks all capabilities and one with a very-VERY limited UI. This is NOT what I paid for - and the moment I got the interface, all advanced routing capabilities stopped being supported. There are SO MANY BUGS in iConfig it is not even funny.

If you have no immediate plans to create an advanced version of Auracle that unlocks all capabilities I really would like to know what steps I need to take to return this product. It is my opinion that you should focus on an even better software that will unlock ALL capabilities, because Auracle is a really bad effort in simplifying the UI.

Auracle  still has pixelized UI elements with a retina display in 2019! It forgets to route audio 3-4 sometimes if both an iPhone and a mac is connected, the numbered values make no sense whatsoever (what are they? dB? random numbers?). The meters are inaccurate representations with no metering measurements, and the midi setup elements are partly-hidden in a retina display because of bad scaling. And that is just UI feedback - there is literally zero routing capabilities.

Please take a hint from RME software for a simplified application of complex routing UI's. Their faders are midi assignable, their matrix is easy to understand and spot on, headphone mixes are super fast to make with talkback buttons AND midi assignable etc....  And besides all that you STILL have better hardware than they do and you cripple it with badly programmed software.

Comments

• I totally agree with nick314. And besides that: I find the update cicle for Auracle (still in beta) VERY VERY slow and hardly promising. This must have a negative effect on iConnectivity sales (I don't recommend the iCA4+ anymore to iPad/iPhone musicians because of the poor software that comes with it...). Let's hope for some smart kid that takes iConfig to the next level (after downloading the open source code)!  :/
  •  I find the update cicle for Auracle (still in beta) VERY VERY slow 

I'm sorry to hear that you find it disappointing. But I do want to point out that Auracle has been out of its original beta cycle for some time. We do sometimes release public betas of newer versions, but those are completely optional. Users can still choose to stay with the stable branch, which is currently at 1.4.0 (hopefully 1.4.1 by later today).

This must have a negative effect on iConnectivity sales

On the contrary, our sales are better than ever.

• Congratulations!
  • Thanks! We are pretty pleased at how it's going so far. That doesn't mean we are going to stop trying to make it all better though!

Let's hope for some smart kid that takes iConfig to the next level (after downloading the open source code)! 

That's what we hope too, that's exactly why we released it! :-)