Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Using Play Audio 12 with Ipad Pro

Hi!

Just a heads up, I'm fairly new to using these types of systems, so I don't really know the full capabilities. 

I have been using a iCA4+ with my Ipad pro for just over a year to play tracks for my church.. I've been using Loop Community's Prime app as the main source for tracks and such. It's been great and has allowed me to split the tracks into 4 channels to allow the sound booth to keep things balanced. 

We are wanting to expand the amount of channels we use and are wanting to use the Play Audio 12. I've found that it will easily connect with my Macbook, but it will not easily interface with the Ipad. So here are my questions...

Is there a way to connect an Ipad to send the track audio through the Play Audio 12 and allow me to continue splittling the channel outputs?

Would it be possible to link my iCA4+ to the PA12 to simply give my current setup more channels? (essentially turning the PA12 into an expansion piece)

Thanks! 

Comments

• Is there a way to connect an Ipad to send the track audio through the Play Audio 12 and allow me to continue splittling the channel outputs?

Yes, that should work if you use the Apple USB3 Connection Kit. It's not officially supported though.

Would it be possible to link my iCA4+ to the PA12 to simply give my current setup more channels? (essentially turning the PA12 into an expansion piece)

That's possible on a Mac, not on an iPad. Note that's because of the limitations of the iPad audio subsystem, not an iConnectivity issue.