Leaving iConnectivity

Hi all,

After two and a half years as VP of Product of iConnectivity, today is my last day. Thanks for being such a great bunch of users, it's been fun hanging out with you all!

Rodney

Comments

• Burnt thru last funding round I'm guessing, no money for salaries....
  • Not the case as stated but a great farewell to Rodney who has been great on the team.
    Now time for you to go make more music and put on some show good sir
  • Thank you, @tsho08, for answering a lot of topics on this forum (and taking over from Rodney). In general the spirits are a little down here after iConnectivity announced that iConfig went open source and no longer maintained. I understand now that you (like many of us) love iConfig because of it's possibilities and that there are plans to revive it!! I can't wait...
  • Haropus said:
    Thank you, @tsho08, for answering a lot of topics on this forum (and taking over from Rodney). In general the spirits are a little down here after iConnectivity announced that iConfig went open source and no longer maintained. I understand now that you (like many of us) love iConfig because of it's possibilities and that there are plans to revive it!! I can't wait...
    Is that true? Iconnect will be revived? I have a mio10 I purchased last year, but the whole «we´re not going to update iconnect» thing was really disappointing to me. Also, seeing that Auracle for the X series actually implement some filtering and remapping, but not the original Auracle, is... not good. Whats the point of this powerful interface if you cant use it like intended.
  • iConfig will not be revived but Auracle for X-Series will get built on. As you've noticed we've pushed our team saying we want a pretty iConfig with the extra features we didn't have in iConfig in it like RTP setups, Presets, etc..
    We have a lot the MIDI features already over. We are going to be doing a bug build for that to fix some windows RTP issues we've had with it. 
    I think we took a step forward to even put known issues with it on our site and have guide videos available. Also a proper Manual will be coming soon for the new gear.
    After the bug build we are already looking t backward compatibility and audio features. The MIDI only gear will likely get connected quickest because it's mostly done.
    On the new gear we redid our firmware from scratch to make updates better and easier in the future.

• tsho08 said:
    iConfig will not be revived but Auracle for X-Series will get built on. As you've noticed we've pushed our team saying we want a pretty iConfig with the extra features we didn't have in iConfig in it like RTP setups, Presets, etc..
    We have a lot the MIDI features already over. We are going to be doing a bug build for that to fix some windows RTP issues we've had with it. 
    I think we took a step forward to even put known issues with it on our site and have guide videos available. Also a proper Manual will be coming soon for the new gear.
    After the bug build we are already looking t backward compatibility and audio features. The MIDI only gear will likely get connected quickest because it's mostly done.
    On the new gear we redid our firmware from scratch to make updates better and easier in the future.

Wow. Nice to hear that man. Looking forward to testing it out. Cheers. 
  • Oh, and yes: lots of right steps in the right direction. 
  • We know we have cool products and our software is the weak point. We've made staff and mindset changes in the company to hopefully change that.