Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is iConnectivity Sysex passed through the MIO interface?

I have a Mio10.
I also have a MIDI2+ connected to the USB HOST jack of the mio10.

I can send the standard iConnectivity sysex commands (ex, GetDevice or GetMIDIPortInfo) to configure the mio10 without any issues from a PC. However, it does not seem that those commands are "passed through" the mio10 to the downstream (hosted) MIDI2+ device. When sending a GetDevice message (PID and SNUM both 0, which should discover all iConnectivity products in the network), I get the expected RetDevice response from the mio10, but the MIDI2+ does not seem to respond. Even if I map the PC's port to one of the input ports of the MIDI2+ (and an associated return path) and verify no sysex filtering is enabled, I still do not seem to ever get a RetDevice message from the MIDI2+. The MIDI2+ is operating correctly, as it will respond with a RetDevice message if I connected it directly to the PC (iConfig works, etc).

Is this expected behavior or have I made an error somewhere?

If this is expected behavior, then does that mean that I must attach all of my iConnectivity devices directly to a PC in order to manage them?