Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mio10 setup help

I'm REALLY struggling with the mio10 and would love some set up / best practice help

I find the wisiwig software doesn't work and the iconnectivity is terrible and overly confusing/complicated

all I want is to be able to track midi, get sounds and use the device like it should.. but its proving to be a complete nightmare.. 

If someone has some some sort of video or step by step screenshots that would be excellent.

I have 

Synth Configuration is
set to use MIDI DIN .. on channel 1
cable 1 goes from synth midi out -> mio10 din1 IN
Mio10 port 1 OUT -> keyboard midi IN

In Protools, I can see DIN1 .. but Inever get any midi notes. .

then I have synth 2
set to use MIDI DIN .. also on channel 1 
cable 1 goes from synth out, to mio DIN 2 in
mio10 DIN 2 out -> synth 2 DIN IN

Pro tools sees both .. but neither work when I select DIN 1 or 2 ..

#1 how do I use the dam software to set up 2 basic synths to not crash the dam unit every-time I press a key .. 
#2 could anyone please provide me with simple instructions to configure the device to allow me to control synth 1 and 2 from controller 1
#3 has anyone ever got a Native Komplete Kontrol controller to even work?  (if I use USB the unit works fine, If I only use MIDI via DIN it only acts as a controller) according to native the unit can only operate in an either/or scenario .. things like keyboard splits and multiple channel assignments just dont ever work .

#4 should I even trying DIN or should I go out and buy USB cables for everything? 

I've tried everything including opening a support case .. all that got me was 3 weeks of useless emails and then waiting for me not to respond and closing the case .. Super disappointed with the whole experience 

Thanks