NEWBIE: MIDI monitor is reporting SysEx from ports even after muting them with Auracle

Howdy neighbours..

I am 2 days in from installing my mioXL on my MacOS 10.13.6, I've been carefully monitoring the traffic via MIDI monitor, but I can't quite stop the 'chatter'.  I'm using Auracle to 'mute' the Inputs & Outputs of all my MIDI ports + USB ports (checking the blue boxes on each corresponding channel) + the DAW ports... but it's still chirping away and various channels.  Am I missing something here?!

Cheers

Comments

• In order for the software to speak with the hardware (mioXL) we are sending SysEx messages to communicate, also you'll notice more messages when you make changes in the software. This is normal
  • Does the mioXL sysex messages occur on any 1 port or all randomly ?!
  • usually on the first port of the USB DAW or an RTP port depending on how it's connected.
  • Ok, I'm going to grab a screen shot next time.. because I've muted everything and have SysEx appearing across all ports.. still.

• Even with SysEx 'muted' I'm still getting reports from MIDI-monitor that SysEx is broadcasting across ALL ports, regardless if I have SysEx muted or not... seems to make no difference

Late Mac Pro 2013
    High Sierra OS 10.13.6
    mioXL hardware v1.0
    mioXL Firmware 1.0.2
    Connected via USB

• So it's coming from many port names. I can check on this for you. Can you send a MIDI monitor file? All you need is to hit close and it'll ask you to save that file out. Send it over and I'll get our software team to give me more details on it.
    The data is similar so I'm guessing it's some type of checking, saving type thing.
  • I can confirm this on my system as well (macOS 10.14.6). Not only that, these sysex messages are being sent to every single MIDI device on my system, also devices attached to other, independent MIDI interfaces (for instance, devices attached to my MOTU Midi Express 128 are receiving the sysex -- my Akai Miniak is responding by requesting a restart!!).

It appears the the driver is being hijacked and used for this pinging/spamming system-wide.

I don't want to be the guy who says "this is totally unacceptable, I can't work like this!", but this is, in fact, totally unacceptable. If it won't be fixed in a timely manner, I'll need to return this otherwise very impressive interface -- I don't want uncontrollable, unnecessary traffic/chatter/spam on my MIDI system. Beyond the issues with clogging an otherwise timing-sensitive system, etc., I'm developing MIDI software, and this chatter makes is fairly impossible for me to monitor legitimate MIDI activity on my system. Thank you for an info and/or firmware update ASAP.
  • I can confirm this on my system as well (macOS 10.14.6). Not only that, these sysex messages are being sent to every single MIDI device on my system, also devices attached to other, independent MIDI interfaces (for instance, devices attached to my MOTU Midi Express 128 are receiving the sysex -- my Akai Miniak is responding by requesting a restart!!).

It appears the the driver is being hijacked and used for this pinging/spamming system-wide.

I don't want to be the guy who says "this is totally unacceptable, I can't work like this!", but this is, in fact, totally unacceptable. If it won't be fixed in a timely manner, I'll need to return this otherwise very impressive interface -- I don't want uncontrollable, unnecessary traffic/chatter/spam on my MIDI system. Beyond the issues with clogging an otherwise timing-sensitive system, etc., I'm developing MIDI software, and this chatter makes is fairly impossible for me to monitor legitimate MIDI activity on my system. Thank you for an info and/or firmware update ASAP.
    OK, relativizing my previous message (and a relief for me): this is a function of the Auracle app, and not the interface. I can't believe I didn't notice that before losing my mind. Anyway, I still think it's bad behavior -- the Auracle app doesn't need to be spamming every MIDI device for any reason -- if it's trying to auto-detect other iConnectivity devices on the system, let the device ping in, or add a switch to the app for auto-discovery of iConnectivity devices, or something other than what you're currently doing, please.
  • I went down to try to get it to replicate and it just wasn't there any more... I can not figure out what caused it, perhaps it was something caught in a feedback loop... and then, being re-broadcast on ALL channels... because all those 'bits' look awfully similar, starting and ending with very similar hex IDs.. so I'm not exactly sure what it was, but it definitely did a 'phantom' on me :#