MioXL and using Program Change Sys-Ex to switch presets?

The MioXL looks like a great excuse to switch my Mio10 for a new toy, but can it respond to Sys Ex commands to change between presets - I know I can use the front dial to do it, but ideally i'd like to trigger preset changes via midi commands?

Comments

• We currently don't have the feature but that doesn't mean it can't be done in the future. We just have more integrations to make first.
  • +1 from me for this feature request.
    as soon as this is implemented i am going to replace both of my ICM4+ with a new MioXL
  • This is also my big wish and holding me back from buying. I'm looking forward to use such a splendid interface remotely. Currently using Sipario midirouter which can send programchanges also, works magnificant. However it has just too little I/O.
    I really miss my old MidiTemp  :)
  • If you are connected to the mioXM or mioXL via USB you can send a program to the "preset selector" MIDI port and it will change presets to the Program Change number you send it.
    Note: Some device start PC# at 0 and some at 1, so keep that in mind.
  • edited November 2020
    Hi, may I pop this topic back.
    Yesterday I was thinking that the Preset Selector port of MIOXM would allow changing preset by routing a PC to it. 
    But no success in implementing it today.
    My MIOXM is not connected to any DAW by USB, it is connected to a ConnectMidi4+ by a RTP link.
    On the  Midi4+ side,a controller sends on channel 15 Program Change commands with numbers 0 to 3.
    Midi4+ route these PC to RTP1
    On the MIOXM side RTP1 routes  midi to Preset Selector, on Prseet Selector Port, I installed a filter to accept only PC on channel 15.
    Unfortunately I can't change the MIOXM current preset with this :(.
    Did I misunderstood the functionnality ??
    I woudl add that it is not an ethernet network problem because my 3 other RTP links correctly transport the Midi instructions send by Midi4+ and MIOXM correctly route them to connected items.

Any clarification welcome, thanks.
  • Seems it only listens to PC's on channel 1 of the Preset Selector port.
  • My initial request was related to wanting to use the mioXL live without a computer/DAW being present. 
    Ie using a midi pedalboard to let me switch between patches 'hands free' - I use the mioXL with a midi bass, and want to swap without needing to carry a computer to swap.
  • IIRC I tested that the "Preset Selector" port accepts PC's from any source, it doesn't have to be USB (such a requirement wouldn't make a whole lot sense anyhow). You only need a computer to set up that route once.
  • dburton said:
    My initial request was related to wanting to use the mioXL live without a computer/DAW being present. 
    Ie using a midi pedalboard to let me switch between patches 'hands free' - I use the mioXL with a midi bass, and want to swap without needing to carry a computer to swap.
    Same request for me.
    Could we hope some solution without adding a PC ?