Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Routing from DIN 1 to both USB 1 and 2

I'm looking for a solution to send the same MIDI note on note off signals to a show control system called QCart on two different Mac computers simultaneously. In order to do this, I would like to attach a device sending signals over 5-pin DIN to the IConnectMIDI2+, then route that signal to both USB 1 and USB 2, with those USB ports sending to two different computers. Is this feasible? I have not yet purchased the iConnectMIDI2+ and I need to make sure it will do what I need it to do.

(Before someone mentions something about MIDI over network, I'm specifically building a redundant system where if one computer fails, the other one can be immediately used in its place in a show control setting. Anything that relies on a "master" and "slave" networking scenario will not work for this purpose.)

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Yes, you could sens the MIDI from a MIDI DIN input to both computers connected to each 'Device Jack' on the iConnectMIDI2+.

We know an artist that use two computers at once while having a redundant setup using iConnectMIDI4+ - works great. You can check his video out here (you'll see all the computers in the background):
    http://www.iconnectivity.com/blog/how-do-uconnect-featuring-matt-gilder

Let me know if you have any other concerns. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy your iConnect, whichever you choose.
    -JS