Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will a USB 3.0 powered hub be supported on the Host Port?

edited February 2015 in MIDI
Hello. I'd just like to confirm if the USB Host port will work with any powered USB hub, including USB 3.0 ones.

The one I have and would like to use is this one: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1027602&gclid=Cj0KEQiApbunBRDs0fba3dz484cBEiQAMsx-p4Frq0IOXiPXQYy1Yl-I9BrIfjHhIZwDWrGvFBo4JWUaAlPn8P8HAQ&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Thanks

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Although I don't ave experience with that specific model, you should be fine with backward compatibility when using a powered USB hub to add more USB-MIDI class complaint devices to your host port. Some class complaint USB-MIDI devices may only be USB 1.1, since the additional bandwidth is not required when your only dealing with a few ports of MIDI. Being a powered USB hub is key.

Let us know if you have any other questions about the host port or additional USB-MIDI gear you may be adding.

Cheers!
    -JS
  • I have a powered 7-port USB 3.0 that looks identical, but has another brand name. Works great.