Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

With a usb hub and an iPad ?

Hello,
Is it possible to connect an iPad to the mio2, with a usb hub on the other main port of it, then plug an audio interface to the hub , and will it see the ipad ?
Thanks !

Comments

• Hello Crony,

i've tried to understand your setup and i am still wondering what you like to achieve.

> Is it possible to connect an iPad to the mio2

It is possible to connect the mio2 to iOS device either via Apple 30 pin Camera Connection Kit or Apple Lightning USB Camera Adapter (both sold separately via 3rd party) and use as a MIDI interface.

> with a usb hub on the other main port of it ... then plug an audio interface to the hub

USB is a Device <> Host protocol.

mio2 featuring USB "Device" ports. Whatever would you like connect to the mio2 USB Device Port(s) it must be an USB "Host" port at the other end.

mio2 is a MIDI only device, it will not process and route audio at all (opposed to iConnectMIDI2+, which featuring Audio passThru).

So, what type of audio interface are you referring to? What is your goal: route MIDI, audio or both (audio and MIDI)?

Regards,
    Rafael / AudioWorks
  • Hello Rafael,

Really sorry, I completely forgot my post here...
    So I've cleared my mind, and here what I would like to do with a Mio 2.
    It's only about midi.
    But the thing is I have already a Iconnect Audio 4+.
    What I would like to do is to connect a 3rd Ipad.
    Here's a drawing that explains better...
    http://rozwell.net/images/iconnect/mio2.png

So is this doable ?
    As I would use the host usb port from the ICA4+, will it takes 2 midi slots on the ICA4+ host port ? (as there's 2 in/out) or 3 ? As it would see the 3rd ipad as a midi source ? (as there's 8 available thru host port)

Thanks for your help !