Ableton Link Problem

Ableton Link works flawlessly when my iPad is connected via USB/IDAM to an iMac.

If I connect the iPad (USB Port 1) to the iMac (USB Port 2) via the iCA4+ Link ceases to function properly i.e. it will not sync playback start/stop correctly -- only tempos work. Is this a know issue? Any work arounds so I can still use the iCA4+?

I understood that Link works based on WiFi network connection so I'm really not sure why the iCA4+ breaks Link's functionality.

Comments

• You'll need to ask directly for support - this forum is abandoned AFAIK
  • Ableton Link works flawlessly when my iPad is connected via USB/IDAM to an iMac.

If I connect the iPad (USB Port 1) to the iMac (USB Port 2) via the iCA4+ Link ceases to function properly i.e. it will not sync playback start/stop correctly -- only tempos work. Is this a know issue? Any work arounds so I can still use the iCA4+?

I understood that Link works based on WiFi network connection so I'm really not sure why the iCA4+ breaks Link's functionality.
    hi there, Ableton link is over a network connection so i don't think it is the ica4
  • @daner ; is correct. Ableton Link is done over network so it doesn't work through USB connections that way.