More than 10 USB inputs for MIOXL

edited March 20 in MIDI
I use a 10 positions Hub which fills the 10 usb slots for USB Host reservation.
But there are still 4 USB ports free in front of the MIOXL and I have one more keyboard to connect.
When I connect it on one of these ports, it is not available, even if seen.
Could it be possible to increase this 10 limit ?

Comments

• 10 is the limit of MIDI host port devices that will be able to be reserved by our interfaces.
  • edited May 20
    tsho08 said:
    10 is the limit of MIDI host port devices that will be able to be reserved by our interfaces.
    Does this mean technically more devices can be used simultaneously and routed but only port reservation is limited to 10?
    In my setup i have exactly 10 USB devices in use because i though this is the maximum.
    *EDIT i forgot that routing won't be possible because the available routing options are limited as well. nevermind
  • You couldn't not reserve them and have them work. The reserved host ports get routed to a MIDI port on the connection to the computer. IF they aren't reserved you have no way of doing that.
  • tsho08 said:
    10 is the limit of MIDI host port devices that will be able to be reserved by our interfaces.
    hello, back here with this 'port reserved' limit, is it a software (firmware) limit or is there some physical constraint other than the CPU power ?
    When I look at BomeBox, they have no limit on the number of USB ports ??? This with a limited  OS engine based on OpenWRT...

• It's the most our engineers have decided to offer based on power and processing.
  • tsho08 said:
    It's the most our engineers have decided to offer based on power and processing.
    Well, may be they could think twice to this limitation. Why XL when it has same number of USB ports as the XM....
    Thinking to migrate to a more flexible midi routing and filtering device, as new concurrents are entering on the market.
  • The XL has 10 Host ports and the XM has 8.
    The XL has 8 DIN in/outs and 4 more DIN outs.
    XL has 22 RTP ports and XM has 12.
    The OLED display with MIDI activity is better on the XL.
    XL has 32 presets and XM has 4.

There are some benefits.
  • edited December 1
    tsho08 said:
    The XL has 10 Host ports and the XM has 8.
    Again, no realistic limit on a BomeBox with a smaller CPU inside it...I can use my powered USB hub with 13 entries. 
    There are some benefits.
    Yes I still use my IConnectivity Midi routers but I have been forced to buy Bome Network products to do things that are not inside my recent MIOXL and MIOXM : 
    - impossible to route a change preset midi PC to the Preset Selector Host Port, I must have a PC connected with something doing the routing trick... heavy. Seems that this feature has never been finished, even many as me were asking for it to change dynamically their midi routing.
    - Impossible to duplicate  a CC or PC message on several output channels, we can map but not duplicate and replicate. Not speaking here of using variables and scripts, simply replicating and/or duplicating.
    - Impossible to filter with more details amongst CC values, sometime we need so accept some CC on one channel, but not all. Not speaking here of using regexx filter rules suing variables, just exclusion/inclusion lists.
    - the editor in Auracle does not accept to copy full grids or full lines, and we must spend hours to recreate similar config clicking eactly same 200 grid points each time. Note that this is on Windows, I don't know on Mac. The ironic side of this is that when we click right button, there is a copy/past floating menu item but it triggers nothing....
  • A MioX? and a BomeBox are an unbeatable combination. I find I can literally do anything I need, and it’s reliable and easily maintained. 
    If I could only find a good way to manage and neaten all the cabling…
  • DovJ said:
    A MioX? and a BomeBox are an unbeatable combination. I find I can literally do anything I need, and it’s reliable and easily maintained. 
    If I could only find a good way to manage and neaten all the cabling…
    Ha Ha, yes lot of tubes in the beast. And you certainly have a PC or Mac somewhere.