Note on/off filtering on USB HST Output not working properly?

Hi there,
I own a MioXM and am pretty happy with it, but I have spent hours trying to resolve the following issue with a particular configuration and have to ask for help.
I have a Squarp Pyramid sequencer connected via USB (HST 1) to the MioXM for Input/Output. The pyramid is sending midi via the MioXM to sequence a drum computer connected to DIN 2 on MIDI channel 10 and another synth connected to DIN 3 on different MIDI channels, depending on the situation. So far so good, that work fine.
However, I have a MIDI Keyboard connected to DIN 4 input, where the Note on/off information is in turn sent to the Pyramid. This way I am able to record midi from the keyboard into sequences on the Pyramid for my synth on DIN 3. Again, that works fine.
But since I don't want to receive note changes on my DIN 2 drum computer every time I play a note on the keyboard, I want to filter out the note on/off messages on the USB HST1 output for channel 10 (drum computer). And here I am stuck.
When I try to filter note on/off on the HST1 output routed to the Pyramid, nothing happens. It still receives the note data from the keyboard:

I am however able to filter note on/off on channel 10 on the HST1 input, the Pyramid stops sending MIDI events to the drum computer:

How can I resolve this?
Note that I send DIN 4 input also to the DAW DIN 4 virtual port:
But there are no routings from there to the pyramid whatsoever.
What am I missing here? Any help would be much appreciate, thank you!

Comments

• edited May 2021
    I am not sure if i understand the problem to 100% but breaking it down to "you dont want your drum computer reacting on keybord note events" maybe this helps:
    Your drum computer on DIN 2 should only listen to notes on channel 10, right?
    As long as you don't send on channel 10 with your keyboard you can try to:
    Filters -> DIN2 (drum computer) -> output -> filter all channel based events except channel 10
    or does this have some other downsides for you?
  • So I think you have the answer but don't understand why you have the answer.
    You said that the filter is working correctly if you use an input filter on HST1 for ch.10.
    An input filter is the input of the mio and not the input on the external gear.
    This means when you filter notes on HST1 input you are blocking MIDI data from the Squarp into the mio on that channel for that information.
    Check out the article below to hopefully get some more understanding. It's for iConfig but the same principles apply in Auracle X.
    Demystifying MIDI filtering in iConfig
  • tsho08 said:

You said that the filter is working correctly if you use an input filter on HST1 for ch.10.
    An input filter is the input of the mio and not the input on the external gear.
    This means when you filter notes on HST1 input you are blocking MIDI data from the Squarp into the mio on that channel for that information.
    Thank you for your reply! I believe that I already understand the idea. To check if the principle works as I think it works I did exactly that: tried out if I am able to filter MIDI data coming from the Squarp into the mio using the input filter. But why does the same procedure applied to the output filter on the same port do not lead to the result that MIDI data is blocked GOING OUT to the squarp?
    Thank you for the article, maybe it will shed some light on some aspect I did not consider so far.